How to Make a Nourishing Herbal Tea Blend

How to Make a Nourishing Herbal Tea Blend



There are several reasons why I drink herbal tea. Not only do I enjoy the taste, but I know it to be an excellent way to boost my overall state of health.



Most of the time I drink individual teas. Stinging nettle, chamomile and peppermint are three of my favorites. However, sometimes I like the complexity of a blend. So, I created the following blend because it tastes good, is rich in vitamins and minerals, and is also a good way to help beat stress.







Things You'll Need:





3 tbsp. lemon balm




2 tbsp. stinging nettle leaves




2 tbsp. oatstraw




1 tbsp. chamomile flowers




1 tbsp. peppermint leaves




Boiling water




Small bowl




Wooden spoon




Airtight glass container




Tea strainer (optional)









1


Add all of the ingredients to the bowl and stir gently with a wooden spoon.





2


Transfer herbs to the glass container.





3


Store in a cool, dry place.





4


Pour 1 cup of boiling water over 1 teaspoon of the dried herb blend--and enjoy a cup of tea.








Tips & Warnings










You can use a tea strainer to make cleanup easier.








Amber glass jars with a cork top are my favorite types of jars to store my blends in.



http://www.ehow.com/how_2264821_nourishing-herbal-tea-blend.html